- The new McLaren Artura is the British carmaker’s first-ever series-production High-Performance Hybrid supercar (aka Hypercar).
- McLaren Artura pricing and availability: Starting at $225,000; McLaren is currently taking orders, with deliveries expected to begin in October.
- The Artura is the first model built on all-new McLaren Carbon Lightweight Architecture, achieving a curb weight of about 3,300 lbs.
- It is powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 gas engine and an electric motor with an energy-dense battery pack, producing a combined 671 bhp and 530 lb ft of torque.
- The Artura’s top speed is electronically limited to 205 mph; it reaches 62 mph in 3 seconds flat and 124 mph in 8.3 seconds.
- The battery pack includes five lithium-ion modules, able to recharge from the combustion engine during driving, depending on the driving mode. In pure electric mode, the Artura has a range of about 18 miles and a top speed of about 80 mph.
- The plug-in hybrid be charged to an 80% level in just 2.5 hours.